Friday, June 22, 2012

A horse is a horse, of course, of course...

unless it's an olympic athlete.  Hey, I think that it's cool that the horse can perform.  I don't think it's cool that the Romney's can take a SEVENTY-SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLAR tax deduction as a "business loss" for owning the horse.

I ~know~ that Ann Romney has used horse riding - don't know if it is ~that~ horse - as a treatment for her MS.  Awesome, I'm glad that helps.  That is a deduction - medical treatment.  I have friends who have done the same.  Of course, insurance doesn't cover horse riding, generally, so you have to have some financial dedication to take that on.  And I doubt - very, very seriously doubt - that most MS sufferers actually BUY an olympic-trained show horse for their treatment.

That's the kind of thing that, I'd guess, maybe %1 of the people in the country would think of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment